Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Half Way Though Project Transformation

What an exciting week it has been here at Project Transformation!  Although things haven't been nearly as hectic as last week, busyness was the name of the game as this summer continues to fly by at an incredible pace.

This week's theme was the four elements: Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire.  Monday's theme was Earth and the entire team wore earth tones that included but were not limited to browns, greens, and tans.  Theresa and I rocked the rec rotation for the week and we began the week with a game called Stuck in the Mud that may or may not have been freeze tag with a different name.  For the afternoon enrichment I planned, I channeled my inner liberal hippie and led Recycling Jeopardy. Although I probably should have looked over some of the questions for their content, it went pretty great.  Tuesday's theme was Wind and the whole team wore white because wind is also white, right? For rec, we played Ghostbusters which was a big hit with all of the kids.  Wednesday's theme was Water and everybody on the team wore blue.  In rec, we played a game called Squirt Bottle Tag that Theresa and I made up where the kids ran around squirting water at each other.  I wasn't sure how it would work out, but I am quite happy with how it turned out as it also was a big hit.  Thursday's theme was Fire and although we were supposed to have firemen and a fire truck come out, due to things out of our control, they did not.  Fortunately, our team was flexible and willing to forgive and forget (except for me, of course).  It also was a fiery day on the political scene as the Affordable Care Act was ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court and Attorney General Eric Holder was held in contempt of court by Congress.  Obviously, Congress and the Supreme Court knew our day was about fire and planned accordingly.

Outside of PT, I've had an amazing week as well.  The Coldplay concert was absolutely fantastic.  Also, the people at Holy Covenant were super great to me when I spoke to them about Project Transformation this past Sunday.  I'm stoked for another great weekend that includes seeing a midnight showing of Goonies at the Inwood Theatre as well as a day at the lake in Sherman with my fellow interns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment