Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 5 at Project Transformation!

I can't believe that it's already July, time just goes by so quickly here at PT!  I wasn't really as exhausted this week as I have been in the past, maybe because I'm finally getting used to the schedule, but more than likely it's because we had a nice holiday during the middle of the week.


This week's theme at Chapel Hill was Time Travel!  We built this amazing time machine and every day we had fun characters from the past come out of it and explain what era they were from.  On Monday, it was prehistoric day.  They made paper plate dinosaurs in arts and crafts and went on a dinosaur literacy dig that afternoon among other fun activities.  On Tuesday, we did Medieval plus some Founding Fathers to try to incorporate Independence Day into the week.  We got a visit from the Statue of Liberty and Betsy Ross that morning and then they built castles in arts and crafts.  That afternoon, we had all of the kids sign a Declaration of Independence and then we all sang patriotic songs together.  The girls then had a tea party and the boys did finger jousting.  We had Wednesday off for the holiday and then on Thursday we did the 60s, 70s, and 80s.  The kids made tie-dye in arts and crafts and later on made boom boxes in the afternoon.


Outside of camp, I had lots to do to keep me busy!  On Monday, I got my LSAT score.  Although it wasn't quite what I was hoping for, I find that very few people will have sympathy for me for getting a 163.  Tuesday night we had off, and so I got to go with some friends to JumpStreet in Plano.  Who would have though a giant warehouse of trampolines would be so much fun?  On Wednesday, I went home and my family went sailing on our sailboat in Lake Grapevine and later that evening we were able to watch the Flower Mound fireworks show from Parkway Elementary which is right next to my house.  Thursday night was the Coffee House here at PT and I was able to see some amazing performances from my fellow interns.  This weekend I will be seeing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the new Wyly Theatre in the Arts District. Also, I will be speaking on Sunday at my home church in Lewisville so I'm excited by that as well.  Next week, there should be once again lots to keep my busy and of course I will keep everyone updated by this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment