Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Transformation Begins

My first week as an intern at Project Transformation is now finished and I would be lying if I did not say that it was extremely tiring. It all began last Saturday as I packed up and left my house and drove down to Southern Methodist University (SMU) for move-in.  Driving on to campus brought back some memories of my visits to SMU while I was in high school when I thought I would be going here.  I instantly recalled how ridiculously nice the campus was and I realized how fortunate I was that I was going to be able to live here for an entire summer.   So I pull up in front of the Lambda Chi house for check-in, and boy was everybody excited to see me and all of the other new interns.  Although everybody shouting at me in joy was a bit overwhelming at times, I truly felt welcomed.

Once I moved into my room, I met my roommate and suite-mates: Brandon, Josh, and Timmy.  They're all super cool people and I am very lucky to be able to live and share a bedroom/bathroom with them for the entire summer.  Next on the schedule was the first session of training at this little old church right off of campus, Highland Park UMC, where on my way I met even more great people including Erin/Air-n.

Also, I should definitely mention my amazing team at Chapel Hill.  We are also blessed to have THE best site church, Chapel Hill UMC in Farmers Branch.  During the ropes course at Group Dynamix, we won every single game that we played.  This amazing team also just won yesterday a competition on which team had the best presentation and best plans for the first week of camp.  I am truly excited about the prospect of this summer, and although I know it will be tiring at times, it will be a summer that I never forget.

-Jeremy

P.S.  I am really glad I am actually allowed to blog about my internship this summer as opposed to last year when I may or may not have worked for a certain female senator from Texas.

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy, I am so excited for you, what an amazing opportunity! I also excited to hear about your experience, ahhh to be young, what fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I'll try to keep everyone updated with this blog, assuming I have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you haven't been good about updating your blog! Make time! How important at this time in your life is sleep anyway?

    You know, you've had the most varied, interesting, multi-continental, political, and esoteric college experience that I've seen in recent history. You're one blessed guy, and your perspectives are refreshing and mature. More, please! Photos appreciated, too!

    ReplyDelete