Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Half Way Mark

Now that I'm half way finished with my stint here in DC, a look-back on some of my experiences here:

(Cue retrospective music)
  •  I have been to so many museums since I've been here that it's hard to remember them all, but I guess I'll try.  In chronological order, Smithsonian Museum of American History, Art Museum of the Americas, Corcoran Art Museum, the Capitol Visitor's Center, National Portrait Gallery, the African American Civil War Museum.  So I guess that's it so far, I thought there were a lot more.  It also wasn't that hard to remember.
  • I have taken part in a great Congressional Intern Lecture Series that has included: NASA Administrator Charles Bolden, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, and columnist and Fox News Contributor Charles Krauthammer.  
    • Krauthammer: "Many people wonder how I went from being in Psychology to being in Politics.  To be honest, they're quite similar.  I still deal with people who suffer from paranoia and visions of grandeur."   
  • I have had the opportunity to hear lots of different views about current issues facing America by watching senators in the Senate Chamber.  Debt Ceiling, DREAM Act, Tax Reform, and Libya have been just a few of the topics that have been (not quite) dealt with since I've started my internship.
So ya, nbd.  Working on Capitol Hill has been pretty much awesome.  Three more weeks to go!

-Jeremy 

No comments:

Post a Comment