Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

A New School Year

And so senior year has begun.  Classes are in full swing and I think I've finally gotten my Student Ambassador script down about how great the "You of A" is as I begin my second week of tours.

It doesn't seem that long ago that I drove up to Arkansas to move in before Early Week for marching band, nor does it seem like it was almost ten years ago that I made my first trip to Fayetteville when my brother took his first tour of campus.  It was on that first drive to Arkansas that I not only noticed the beauty of the mountainous Ozarks, but also all of the highway construction that lasted literally from Lewisville to Fayetteville.  Whether it was the expansion of SH 121 into a toll road or the repaving of I-40 and US 69 that run through Oklahoma (which I swear to God that they had been repaving the same part of US 69 ever since Eric started going here), my entire trek was filled with road construction.  Although it would at times provide some sort of excitement through the monotony that is driving through Oklahoma, most of the time it was just a pain that made an already long drive even longer.  

As the years went on though, more and more of these roads would be completed. SH 121 (Now Sam Rayburn Tollway) was finished my sophomore year and on my drive up a few weeks ago all of the other construction projects through Oklahoma and Arkansas were also complete.  These long term projects have finally come to a close as my own long term project, graduating from college, starts to come to a close.  It's too early for me to start moving the metaphorical construction cones and warning signs as I still have one more year left, but as I do prepare myself for the long goodbye that is Senior Year, I do hope that it's filled with many unforgettable moments and few regrets.  

Jeremy Ryan Page           

No comments:

Post a Comment